Monday, July 6, 2009

New Discoveries

People who know me tend to think I'm a very "up" person. I tend to be the optimist and can almost always find the silver lining.

But I'm going to be honest. Last night I got about 4 hours of sleep and I woke up pretty grouchy. Coffee didn't seem to help. Meditation usually puts me right but I couldn't seem to focus.

And then I had a webinar to learn how to use Blog Talk Radio. I felt sluggish when I started the call but enthusiasm is contagious and my publicist, Malathy Drew of Whispering Energy has that in spades. It's a gentle enthusiasm - an "I'm putting my arm around you and helping you figure this out" sort of enthusiasm - and I love it.

After an hour my day is back on track. I will need a nap later to take care of myself and get the rest I need, but for now I'm happy that I've found another solution to pull my way out of a bad mood...and I learned a new skill to boot!

So now that I've learned how to use blog talk radio, I have to plug the show - Mary Elizabeth Bradford will be interviewing me on how mindset can impact your job search. So if you know anyone looking for a job or if you're a career coach, stop by for a listen on Thursday, July 9th at 12 noon EST. You can find my show page at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ProParentCoach I'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment